Harvard University Giving Prestigious Award to Bigot
TELL HARVARD LEADERS TO REVOKE AWAD'S AWARD
TAKE ACTION NOW. SIGN OUR PETITION
ON SIGNING THIS PETITION AN EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO KEY DECISION MAKERS AT HARVARD CLICK TO SEE FULL LIST OF RECIPIENTS
- Prof. Drew Faust, Harvard President
- Prof. Alan Garber, Harvard Provost
- Assistant Dean Gene Corbin, Harvard PBHA Director
- Prof. Christine Letts, Harvard PBHA Director
- Bob Giannino ’96, Harvard PBHA Director
- Daphne Griffin, Harvard PBHA Director
- Leszek Krol, President of PBHA
On Friday, Harvard University's Phillips Brooks House Association is shockingly bestowing its prestigious Robert Coles "Call of Service Award" to Nihad Awad, the disreputable founder of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR).
- Awad is a known bigot who has publicly endorsed terrorist organizations and whose organization was recently designated a terrorist group by the United Arab Emirates.
- Over a dozen CAIR staffers and board members have been convicted of terrorist offenses - including individuals who worked closely with Awad.
- Awad himself refused to condemn the convicted mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing (Sheikh Omar Abdul-Rahman) and instead cited "ample evidence indicating that both the Mossad and the Egyptian Intelligence played a role in the explosion."
- CNN anchor Jake Tapper has called Awad one of "Islam's Flawed Spokesmen," and Harvard Islamic Studies professor Ali Asani has warned that "there is general concern among Muslim intellectuals about how not only CAIR but some of these other organizations are claiming to speak in the name of the Muslim community."
- After bipartisan Congressional outrage over CAIR's words and deeds, the FBI cut off formal dialogue with CAIR.
Despite overwhelming evidence of Awad's intolerant behavior immediately available online, Harvard is choosing to honor a bigoted extremist. We call on Harvard University to launch a formal investigation into how Awad was selected for this prestigious award.
This award decision runs counter to university's core values of inclusion and tolerance. We call on Harvard to act immediately to revoke Awad's award - before any more damage is done to the University's reputation.
GET THE FACTS
Barry signed 2 Apr
JANET signed 28 Nov, 2017
George signed 22 Nov, 2017